I. Outline of the Noda Institute for Scientific Research
II. Achievement of Research Activities in 2009
- C. S. Escaño, P. R. Juvvadi, F. J. Jin, T. Takahashi, Y. Koyama, S. Yamashita, J. Maruyama, K. Kitamoto
- Disruption of the Aopex11-1 gene involved in peroxisome proliferation leads to impaired Woronin body formation in Aspergillus oryzae.
Reproduced from Eukaryot. Cell, 8: 296-305 (2009) by copyright permission of American Society for Microbiology
- Y. Seshime, P. R. Juvvadi, M. Tokuoka, Y. Koyama, K. Kitamoto, Y. Ebizuka, I. Fujii
- Functional expression of the Aspergillus flavus PKS-NRPS hybrid CpaA involved in the biosynthesis of cyclopiazonic acid.
Reproduced from Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 19: 3288-3292 (2009) by copyright permission of Elsevier Ltd.
- T. Takahashi, F. J. Jin, Y. Koyama
- Nonhomologous end-joining deficiency allows large chromosomal deletions to be produced by replacement-type recombination in Aspergillus oryzae.
Reproduced from Fungal Genet. Biol., 46: 815-824 (2009) by copyright permission of Elsevier Inc.
Japanese Patents Laid-Open
Titles of Oral and Poster Presentations
III. Report on the Research Assisted by the NISR Research Grant in 2008
- Taketomo FUJIWARA (Shizuoka University)
- Development of halophilic protein expression system capable of creating a productive enzyme
- Masato IKEDA (Shinshu University)
- Elucidation of genes relevant to microaerobic growth of Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Takashi KAWAGUCHI (Osaka Prefecture University)
- Establishment of marker-recycling method in filamentous fungi and development of an Aspergillus aculeatus multi-auxotrophic host
- Fujio KAWAMURA (Rikkyo University)
- Development of a translation system highly expressing the target gene in B. subtilis
- Hiroshi KITAGAKI (Saga University)
- A research on mitochondria-targeted breeding of a novel brewery yeast
Young Investigator Research Grant
- Jiro ARIMA (Tottori University)
- Molecular evolution of Streptomyces serine peptidase for the synthesis of β-alanyl-histidine
- Hiroki HIGASHIBATA (Toyo University)
- Analysis of tRNA modification system in halophilic archaea
- Takashi HIRASAWA (Osaka University)
- Fundamental researches on increasing applicability of Saccharomyces cerevisiae as the host cells for production of useful metabolites
- Hisashi MURAMATSU (Kochi University)
- Molecular breeding of enzymes catalyzing asymmetric reactions: Aimed to provide a non-natural amino acid chemical library
- Akihiro SAITO (Chiba University)
- Exploration of novel transporter proteins for oligosaccharides using the ATPase (MsiK)
- Kaneyoshi YAMAMOTO (Hosei University)
- Regulation of genes expression on Escherichia coli genome with communications among microbes
Research Grant in 2007
- Yasuo OHNISHI (The University of Tokyo)
- Studies on regulation of secondary metabolism and morphogenesis of Streptomyces by DNA microarray analysis