I. Outline of the Noda Institute for Scientific Research
II. Achievement of Research Activities in 2014
- F. J. JIN, S. HARA, A. SATO, and Y. KOYAMA
- Discovery and analysis of an active long terminal repeat-retrotransposable element in Aspergillus oryzae.
Reproduced from J. Gen. Appl. Microbiol., 60: 1-6 (2014) with permission from Applied Microbiology, Molecular and Cellular Biosciences Research Foundation.
- T. OGUMA, S. KITAO, and M. KOBAYASHI
- Purification and characterization of cycloisomaltooligosaccharide glucanotransferase and cloning of cit from Bacillus circulans U-155.
Reproduced from J. Appl. Glycosci., 61: 93-97 (2014) with permission from The Japanese Society of Applied Glycoscience.
- K. ITO and Y. KOYAMA
- Analysis of specific proteolytic digestion of the peptidoglutaminase-asparaginase of koji molds.
Reproduced from J Biosci Bioeng. 118: 253-255 (2014) with permission from The Society for Biotechnology, Japan.
- R. WADA, F. J. JIN, Y. KOYAMA, J. MARUYAMA, and K. KITAMOTO
- Efficient formation of heterokaryotic sclerotia in the fiamentous fungus Aspergillus oryzae.
Reproduced from Appl Microbiol Biotechnol., 98: 325-334 (2014) by copyright permission from Copyright Clearance Center.
- N. KATO, M. TOKUOKA, Y. SHINOHARA, Y. KOYAMA, and H. OSADA
- Genetic safeguard against mycotoxin production and cyclopiazonic acid biosynthesis in Aspergillus oryzae.
Reproduced from JSM Mycotoxins, 64: 197-206 (2014) (DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.2520/myco.64.197) with permission from Japanese Society of Mycotoxicology.
Japanese Patents Laid-Open
Titles of Oral and Poster Presentations
III. Report on the Research Assisted by the NISR Research Grant in 2013
- Ryouichi FUKUDA (The University of Tokyo)
- Maintenance of membrane homeostasis by the remodeling of acyl residues in phospholipids
- Yoshimi KAKINUMA (Ehime University)
- Molecular machinery and regulatory system of vacuolar amino acid compartmentalization as a new target for yeast engineering
- Seiji MASUDA (Kyoto University)
- Development of an innovative protein production system using second-generation mRNA export proteins created by domain engineering
- Norihiko MISAWA (Ishikawa Prefectural University)
- Construction of an efficient system for the production of red pepper carotenoids and new derivatives
- Ken SATO (The University of Tokyo)
- Investigation of the molecular mechanisms regulating the secretion from the endoplasmic reticulum in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Hiroshi UEMURA (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology)
- Development of an efficient secretory production of ricinoleic acid, a petrochemical replacement of bioplastics, in fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe
Young Investigator Research Grant
- Teigo ASAI (Tohoku University)
- Structural diversity of fungal secondary metabolites induced by chemical epigenetic manipulation
- Daisuke HAGIWARA (Chiba University)
- Molecular mechanism of stress tolerance in conidia of Aspergillus species
- Takashi KOYANAGI (Ishikawa Prefectural University)
- Genetic engineering of Kluyveromyces marxianus for effective production of the rose-like odor 2-phenylethanol
- Motohiro TANI (Kyushu University)
- Mechanisms of regulation of membrane phospholipids metabolism and its physiological significance