I. Outline of the Noda Institute for Scientific Research
II. Achievement of Research Activities in 2013
- K. ITO, Y. HANYA, and Y. KOYAMA
- Purification and characterization of a glutaminase enzyme accounting for the majority of glutaminase activity in Aspergillus sojae under solid-state culture.
Reproduced from Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 97: 8581-8590 (2013) with permission from Copyright Clearance Center.
- M. OGAWA, T. KOBAYASHI, and Y. KOYAMA
- ManR, a transcriptional regulator of the β-mannan utilization system, controls the cellulose utilization system in Aspergillus oryzae.
Reproduced from Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 77: 426-429 (2013) by copyright permission of the Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry.
- K. ITO, Y. KOYAMA, and Y. HANYA
- Identification of the glutaminase genes of Aspergillus sojae involved in glutamate production during soy sauce fermentation.
Reproduced from Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 77: 1832-1840 (2013) by copyright permission of the Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry.
Japanese Patents Laid-Open and Japanese Patents Registered
Titles of Oral and Poster Presentations
III. Report on the Research Assisted by the NISR Research Grant in 2012
- Hiroyuki ARAI (The University of Tokyo)
- Analysis of energy metabolism in acetic acid bacteria during oxidation fermentation
- Makoto KAWAMUKAI (Shimane University)
- Development of yeast strains that produce high levels of CoQ10
- Jun-ichi MARUYAMA (The University of Tokyo)
- Molecular investigation of Woronin body function and its application in Aspergillus oryzae
- Hiroyuki MORI (Kyoto University)
- Molecular mechanisms of the enhancement of protein export by the membrane protein complex SecDF
- Hiromi NISHIDA (Toyama Prefectural University)
- Study of Aspergillus nucleosome positioning
Young Investigator Research Grant
- Kenji ARAKAWA (Hiroshima University)
- Analysis of the regulatory genes encoded on a Streptomyces linear plasmid and its application for antibiotic production
- Naoki KATO (RIKEN)
- Screening for small molecules that activate fungal secondary metabolite production
- Hiroyuki NAKAI (Niigata University)
- Production of Novel Functional Oligosaccharides by Novel Bacterial Phosphorylases
- Shunichi NAKAYAMA (Tokyo University of Agriculture)
- Molecular breeding of Clostridia for butanol production from rice straw
- Keisuke OBARA (Hokkaido University)
- Study on the function of sphingolipids during the starvation response
- Shosuke YOSHIDA (Keio University)
- Metabolic and enzymatic analyses of a poly(ethylene terephthalate) assimilation bacterium