I. Outline of the Noda Institute for Scientific Research
II. Achievement of Research Activities in 2008
- K. Tamano, M. Sano, N. Yamane, Y. Terabayashi, T. Toda, M. Sunagawa, H. Koike, O. Hatamoto, G. Umitsuki, T. Takahashi, Y. Koyama, R. Asai, K. Abe, M. Machida
- Transcriptional regulation of genes on the non-syntenic blocks of Aspergillus oryzae and its functional relationship to solid-state cultivation.
Reproduced from Fungal Genet Biol., 45: 139-151 (2008) by copyright permission of Elsevier Inc.
- M. Tokuoka, Y. Seshime, I. Fujii, K. Kitamoto, T. Takahashi, Y. Koyama
- Identification of a novel polyketide synthase-nonribosomal peptide synthetase (PKS-NRPS) gene required for the biosynthesis of cyclopiazonic acid in Aspergillus oryzae.
Reproduced from Fungal Genet Biol., 45: 1608-1615 (2008) by copyright permission of Elsevier Inc.
- T. Takahashi, F. J. Jin, M. Sunagawa, M. Machida, Y. Koyama
- Generation of large chromosomal deletions in koji-molds Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus sojae via a loop-out recombination.
Reproduced from Appl Environ Microbiol., 74: 7684-7693 (2008) by copyright permission of American society for microbiology
Japanese Patents Laid-Open
Titles of Oral and Poster Presentations
III. Report on the Research Assisted by the NISR Research Grant in 2007
- Makoto ASHIUCHI (Kochi University)
- Effective synthesis of bio-nylon materials using Bacillus megaterium
- Haruki KITAZAWA (Tohoku University)
- Development of molecular immunoevaluation system for probiotics
- Hiroshi MITSUZAWA (Ninon University Junior College)
- Role of the fission yeast ammonium transporters in nitrogen sensing
- Ryuichiro SATO (The University of Tokyo)
- Basic and applied studies on functional factors in fermented foods
Young Investigator Research Grant
- Masayuki HASHIMOTO (Shinshu University)
- Genomic engineering of Lactococcus lactis IL1403
- Fumitaka KUDO (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- Biochemical studies on unique enzymes in the biosynthesis of butirosin
- Tomoaki MATSUURA (Osaka University)
- Comprehensive analysis of the effect of E. coli proteins on the translation reaction and its application to protein production
- Shin-ichiro NARITA (The University of Tokyo)
- Characterization of the diversity of lipoprotein-targeting mechanisms in proteobacteria
- Shuji TANI (Osaka Prefecture University)
- Regulation mechanisms of cellulase gene expression in Aspergillus aculeatus
- Takeo TOMITA (The University of Tokyo)
- Mechanism of concerted inhibition of aspartate kinase from Corynebacterium glutamicum
Research Grant in 2006
- Hiroyuki HORIUCHI (The University of Tokyo)
- A novel mechanism of intracellular protein localization in filamentous fungi